Join our Team
Join our Team
Director of Translational Sciences
Edifice Health, Inc. is an emerging AI/ML-fueled Silicon Valley-based start-up focused on diagnostics and therapeutics of aging and systemic chronic inflammation has an opening for a Director of Translational Science role. The mission of Edifice Health is to catalyze data-enabled science and advance current knowledge on interventions and therapeutics to extend healthspan and lifespan. We focus on the identification of immune system biomarkers of aging and related diseases for the discovery of interventions to delay and prevent major chronic diseases and decrease the disease burden globally.
- Work closely with company’s CSO to advance the science of Systemic Chronic Inflammation, foundations of Inflammatory Age® test and ongoing collaborations.
- Responsible for designing and managing studies with research or medical institutions, pharma and food companies with high priority for the emerging immuno-oncology and autoimmune disease studies.
- Participate in designing Edifice Health’s technical and scientific support documentation and training material and content for customers and clinicians.
- Write grant applications.
- Assist with Edifice Health’s visibility (websites, media releases, podcasts, TED talk).
- Monitor the competitive landscape.
What is required
- You will be expected to be a flexible, adaptable, and intellectually rigorous team member and you will play a critical role at the absolute forefront of the field of chronic inflammation.
- Deep interest for the science of aging with particular focus in the identification of interventions and therapeutics to extend human healthspan.
- Experience in grant writing.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Immunology (preferably) or equivalent.
- Research experience demonstrated through publications.
- Talent for technology, translational medicine and knowledge transfer.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment of biologists, bioinformaticians, and computer scientists.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for international collaborations.
This is a full-time position and offers the opportunity to grow with an expanding company. Competitive customary compensation. Work will be done from home during COVID lock-down times and potentially a buffer period afterwards and eventually from our offices in the San Francisco Bay area. As we are an emerging innovative company, this is an opportunity for someone interested to help form and shape the business (self-starter and creative mentality) with an opportunity to receive a higher than usual equity component.
Edifice Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please send CV and 2 reference letters to email@example.com.